Friday, November 23, 2012

7 quick takes, Thanksgiving edition

All photos to be filled in later, when I'm not posting from my phone.

7 things I am thankful for this week:

1) My family and their love for each other. How blest we are to have no one estranged on either side!

2) Modern technology that permits the amount of travel we all do to spend holidays together.

3) Road trip sing-alongs with my sister. No one else is quite as good at blasting the volume and belting out so loud that we can still hear ourselves over the music.

4) My mother's cooking. Other relatives' cooking, too, though to a lesser degree.

5) The fact that, when asked what we want to drink at my grandmother's house, the most common response is "water-flavored water." Yes, this apparent redundancy is actually necessary.

6) Played cards with my grandma and cousins today. Usually cards for us means some variant of Rummy: this time, Liverpool and 65. I actually won Liverpool (as opposed to my usual vyIng for last)! This despite committing three boneheads over the course of the game...

7) Now that my parents have Netflix on their tv, I'd been holding off on a couple brief shows I want to rewatch, in hopes of hooking them in the process. Get home and find they've been planning to get into Firefly once I get home. Watched the pilot tonight, over ice cream and moscato. It's nice to be home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...